Are you tired of your students going off to random things when on their Chromebooks? You can monitor them using LanSchool.
New features for Spring 2021
Hey there 👋
We're excited to showcase the newest Screencastify features across all three of our products -- Record, Edit, and Submit!
New Recording Toolbar - The toolbar is brand new and now includes stickers, shapes, and tools to help your teachers capture and focus their students’ attention. And, teachers can minimize and move the toolbar anywhere they’d like.
Learn more >>
New Blur Tool - Teachers can now blur anything on screen with just one click. This new tool can help your educators obscure private information, focus student attention, block out visual "noise", and so much more.
Learn more >>
New Title Clips - Title clips are available now. Have your teachers try using a title clip to give each video a name, break up their awesome content with descriptive clips, or allow students to see information in multiple modalities.
Learn how >>
Updated Text Tool (Coming Soon) - Soon, the text tool will be more flexible. Teachers will be able to drag and resize the text box anywhere on the clip. And, they’ll be able to add multiple text boxes to one clip.
New Google Classroom Integration - Submit is fully integrated with Google Classroom. Your educators can create assignments that display in Classroom and receive all of the videos there, too. Teachers can also differentiate assignments based on class or student, grade in a flash, and provide better feedback within Classroom.
Learn more >>
Coming Soon: Viewer Analytics
We’re working on new functionality that will positively impact everyone creating and sharing videos!
A New Watch Page: We’ve created a new way to watch Screencastify videos. And, the best part is that videos load immediately.
Analytics: Our new Watch Page isn’t just lightning fast. It’s also packing a big punch. When you share the Watch Page link, you’ll be able to see who has watched your videos, when, and how many times.
Check out this rundown of the new features from Associate Product Manager, Jen Juang.
Watch video >>
Have you ever wanted to save a screenshot for later, but have always had to drop it into a document or some other form to save it? Here is a way to use the Snip & Sketch tool to save screenshots and use them in another document later.
2. Click on the name. It will open the Snip & Sketch app.
3. In the top left corner click on “New”. This will gray out your screens and give you the crosshairs. Which you can then drag to incorporate the part of the screen you want in your image.
4. Once you let go it will open the Snip & Sketch window and give you the options to mark up and, save the image.
5. You can then click on the floppy disk icon in the top right and save to a file of your choice.
6. The shortcut keys for using Snip & Sketch are Shift +Windows +S. These will work if you want to use a screenshot in a document you are creating and already have it open.
a. You can drop it directly into your document using the Ctrl +V paste shortcut.
b. However, this will not give you the mark-up tools that are available, nor the option to save in another location.
What if I want a Screenshot of both screens?
5. Click here and then choose “Personal Room”.
6. When the information for your personal room comes up click “Edit” at the bottom.
7. This will open all of the settings for your Personal Meeting Room.
8. Under “Security” you will want to recheck the “Passcode” box.
9. Scroll down and hit "Save".
Desktop App Version:
4. Once you see “My Personal meeting ID (PMI) you will want to click “Edit” right below that.
5. On the new window that pops up please recheck the “Passcode” box, and then Save.
Have you ever wanted to remove a background from an image so you can use it elsewhere. (Yes, I know this can be done in Microsoft Office products as well. But this is easier.)
Try using remove.bg
You do not have to have an account to remove backgrounds. However, you will may want one as they give you free credits which can then be used for high quality digital downloads. You can remove backgrounds without saving in high quality without an account or without credits.
This is a great way to remove those backgrounds quick and easy. It is also, more fun than trying to make sure you get every little thing removed in Microsoft.
Many of you have come and asked this morning why you can’t take attendance. This is because the settings in Gradebook are not correct.
2. If you have the settings so they look like those above it will automatically shift to the next quarter and semester.
a. Under “Display Settings”i.“Display Gradebook Average As” should be set to Current Grading Period
b. Under “Assignment Filter” you should have the radial button marked for “Current Assignments”
c. Under “Login Defaults” Parameters should be set to blank.
I have had quite a few students and teachers come and ask me why links on their new semester courses don’t work. Well there are a couple of reasons.
CANVAS Importing Content:
Here is what you want to do to fix the issue of the copy and paste.
Here is another fix:
I have sent directions in email as to how to publish courses. Please make sure your courses are published.
CANVAS courses missing:
If students have transferred into your classes after the initial enrollment date of today they may not see your CANVAS courses. Here is how you can help them so they show up.