In the bottom toolbar on the far right next to the date and time. You will see this icon. This is the inking icon.
If you click on it you have the option to use a Whiteboard or do a Fullscreen Snip. Fullscreen Snips are great for webpages that you might want to mark-up, while the Whiteboard works just like a Whiteboard and pen. The three dots let you learn more about the inking options and change your pen options.
Your laptop will flip back into a tablet mode which makes these inking capabilities very helpful.
You can change how certain attachments open. Follow the directions to set your defaults.
1. In the search bar type "Default Apps", and click to open.
2. Scroll down until you see "Web Browser" and click on the plus and choose Chrome (or whichever, browser you prefer).
3. Next scroll down a little further and find "Choose default apps by file type". (Please do not change all of these. Only the ones mentioned below.)
4. Scroll down and anywhere that you see "Edge" you can change those to "Chrome" (or leave them if Edge is your browser of choice.)
5. Scroll down to the "P's", change the ones listed below to "Adobe Acrobat". (This will make it so PDF's open in Adobe and not as a Google Chrome link.)
Outlook (both in the app and online) will default to Microsoft Edge as the program to open links in. The following directions will walk you through changing the default program. (This is different than just changing the default browser in the "default apps" sections.
1. Open the Outlook app. This can be found by going to "Start" on the right-hand side you will see "Microsoft Office".
2. Click on the "Outlook" app.
3. Once Outlook is open click on "File" in the top left corner, and then on "Options".
4. On the new window that opens click on "Advanced".
5. Go down four sections to, "File and browser preferences". Where is says "Open hyperlinks from Outlook in:" choose "Default Browser". If it hasn't been changed that will say "Microsoft Edge. If you haven't set your Default Browser in the "default apps" section, this will default back to Edge.
6. Click "Ok" and close the windows.
To view all the standards for one assignment, you will need to go into Gradebook, then click on the Evidence tab, then select the piece evidence with multiple standards. Then click on the Grades tab within the evidence. This will display only that piece of evidence and the standards you are evaluating. See screenshots below:
This will display the evidence with all standards being evaluated:
1. When you hit "reply all" and the message has been sent to the listserv, everyone gets a copy of your message.
2. Get in the habit of hitting "reply" when answering messages, unless you do want it to go to everyone, which is very rare.
âNow a little fun.
Things that might make it so you can't see your students in LanSchool Air:
Things to fix it:
When you put in work tickets, please make sure that you are filling out all the sections you are asked to. I don't always get assigned every ticket and when things aren't filled out completely it takes extra time and effort to resolve your issue because we must hunt down more information.
Why is Email Etiquette Important?>
Tips for Crafting the Perfect Professional Email:
Article this came from.
Summer Free Audiobooks
I keep hearing from many of you about your Kindle or Audible accounts. Even as a librarian I am not sure why anyone buys books anymore! (Yes, I realize SOME are must haves!) Remember that GSD has had e-book to “check out” for quite some time now but Audiofile has been giving them away for free each summer for a few years now. They have a great selection ALL SUMMER!