- Shows respect: by using proper etiquette, including grammar, personalization, and a courteous tone, you convey that you value their input and time while fostering positive relationships.
- Provides clarity: by structuring your emails with clear headings and paragraphs and keeping them concise you help readers understand what you’re trying to communicate.
- Gives credibility shows that you take communication seriously and can be trusted, reflecting your reputation.
- Improves response: people are more likely to understand your goal and respond faster.
Tips for Crafting the Perfect Professional Email:
- Optimize subject line.
- Use charismatic word cues to prompt people’s responses.
- Personalize emails when possible. (Send directly to the person rather than the whole group.)
- Have a clear structure.
- Stick to the point.
- Start new chains when necessary.
- Check your emotions (and your emojis 😊)
- Include a professional signature (Directions here).
- Maximize efficiency with templates.
- Be aware of cultural differences.
- Make sure mobile-friendly.
- Understand when emails should be a meeting, and vice versa.
- No guilt into responding
- Have effective email management. (If your inbox is full of unread messages from weeks, or months, maybe even years back; delete them. Start fresh. I promise you will feel better.)
Article this came from.