I have had quite a few students and teachers come and ask me why links on their new semester courses don’t work. Well there are a couple of reasons.
- You copied the content and pasted it into the new course, instead of importing content.
- The link is actually no longer valid.
- Publish the courses
- Make sure courses are activated to show on Dashboard.
CANVAS Importing Content:
Here is what you want to do to fix the issue of the copy and paste.
- You will need to “Import Existing Content” using the button on the home page in CANVAS.
- On the new window that pops up under Content Type choose “Copy a Canvas Course”.
- Under “Search for a Course” start typing the course title or the course number and you will see your courses pop up. If you want to copy from first semester this year you want to find the course with 646-2021-X-1. If you want to copy from another year the number in the middle is the graduation year.
- Make sure that you check the radial buttons for “Select Specific Content” and “Adjust Events and Due Dates.
- Then click Import
- Under “Current Jobs” you will then see a new blue button that says “Specific Content”.
- Click on that and it will give you all of the things that you can import over. Make sure you take your Syllabus, Pages, and Course Content.
Here is another fix:
- Find the broken links and items and go back to them.
- Copy the URL and put it back in on each page.
I have sent directions in email as to how to publish courses. Please make sure your courses are published.
CANVAS courses missing:
If students have transferred into your classes after the initial enrollment date of today they may not see your CANVAS courses. Here is how you can help them so they show up.
- Go to the students CANVAS account and under courses click “All courses”
- This will show a list of any and all courses the students have ever been enrolled in.
- Find the missing courses and click the star in front of it until it turns orange.
- Go back to the Dashboard and the courses should now show up.